Video on the Internet is EXPLODING!
The internet is now a critical component in almost everything we do and there is no reason to believe that it won’t continue to grow. Since fast and affordable internet connections are now commonplace, it makes sense to use the power of video to get traffic to your website. Statistics indicate that people are spending more time online than watching TV. Here are the numbers for 2011:
- 1 trillion – The number of video playbacks on YouTube.
- 140 – The number of YouTube video playbacks per person on Earth.
- 48 hours – The amount of video uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 1 – The most viewed video on YouTube during 2011 was Rebecka Black’s “Friday.”
- 82.5% – Percentage of the U.S. Internet audience that viewed video online.
- 76.4% – YouTube’s share of the U.S. video website market (December 2011).
- 4,189,214 – Number of new users on Vimeo.
- 201.4 billion – Number of videos viewed online per month (October 2011).
- 88.3 billion – Videos viewed per month on Google sites, incl. YouTube (October 2011).
- 43% – Share of all worldwide video views delivered by Google sites, incl. YouTube.
*Compiled from Royal.Pingdom.com
Video, once used for entertainment purposes only, has exploded in the arenas of instruction, subject matter expertise and enhanced search engine ranking. When making a video to drive traffic to your website, think of it as a commercial. Viewers like to be informed and entertained. Your web production should be no different.
A video is an ideal way to demonstrate your product or service and attract important visitors to your website. There are currently about 30 sites that will host your videos. To realize the maximum benefit from your video you should consider posting your clip to all of these sites. Does that sound like a daunting task? That’s where we can help!
Combined with a social media presence, web based video production can attract more customers and that can translate into sales.
Take a look at the social media statistics below to see the power of internet communication. Then, use the contact page on this website to get started with V2P!
- 800+ million – Number of users on Facebook by the end of 2011.
- 200 million – Number of users added to Facebook during 2011.
- 350 million – Number of Facebook users that log in to the service using their mobile phone.
- 225 million – Number of Twitter accounts.
- 100 million – Number of active Twitter users in 2011.
- 18.1 million – People following Lady Gaga. Twitter’s most popular user.
- 250 million – Number of tweets per day (October 2011).
- 8,868 – Number of tweets per second in August for the MTV Video Music Awards.
- $50,000 – The amount raised for charity by the most retweeted tweet of 2011.
- 39 million – The number of Tumblr blogs by the end of 2011.
- 70 million – Total number of WordPress blogs by the end of 2011.
- 2.6 billion – Worldwide IM accounts.
- 2.4 billion – Social networking accounts worldwide.
- 100 billion – Estimated number of photos on Facebook by mid-2011.
- 51 million – Total number of registered users on Flickr.
- 4.5 million – Number of photos uploaded to Flickr each day.
- 6 billion – Photos hosted on Flickr (August 2011).
- 1 – Apple iPhone 4 is the most popular camera on Flickr.
- 1.2 billion – The number of active mobile broadband subscriptions worldwide in 2011.
- 5.9 billion – The estimated number of mobile subscriptions worldwide in 2011.
- 85% – Percentage of handsets shipped globally in 2011 that included a web browser.
- 88% – Apple iPad’s share of global tablet web traffic in December.